Sign in to follow this  
txsuen

Looking For Recipe

I am new to this site and am hoping someone has a recipe i am looking for or can tell me where i can buy them. I have a recipe for Texas Jalapeno Dip that is very good . Does anyone have a recipe for candied jalapeno's that they will share with me ?

Thank you,Sue

I found this recipe, among others, in a Google search for "candied jalapenos recipes". It looks pretty good to me.

We eat them with cream cheese . . . but in addition, we use them on turkey sandwiches with mayonnaise on wheat bread. Delicious!! I buy a gallon can of pickled jalapeno peppers at Walmart. They work perfectly. I give 1/2 away and keep 1/2 in refrigerator until used. I don't can them, but you could.

1 gallon. sliced jalapeno peppers

5 lb. bag of sugar

1 tbs. alum

Instructions:

Drain peppers into a large stainless steel pan. Add the sugar to the pepper juice and heat it just enough to let the sugar melt. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Once the juice and sugar mixture has cooled, pour it over the peppers and stir in the alum. Lightly cover with a loose lid. Let stand on the counter 4 or 5 days. Stir every day. When peppers take on a translucent or clear color they are ready.

Let us know if you like them.