smktrk

Need Help Indentifying A Piece

I have a Bug King Electric Vaporizer I picked up at an auction because it has a Frankoma sticker on it. I wanted to see if it was worth anything but I am coming up empty handed in my searches online. Has anyone heard of this or maybe knows if it is worth anything? I hope someone hasnt put a sticker on something that isnt a Frankoma piece.

Yes, Frankoma did make a bug vaporizer piece. I'm going to have to consult my books, but I believe it was the Bug King. I'll get back to you.

Does your piece look like the one at this link? http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/frankoma-rare-electric-ban-o-bug-in-brown-satin This page also states "Picture & Description shown on Page 124 of "Frankoma Treasures" by Phyllis and Tom Bess." I do not have this particular book, so I cannot confirm. It also says it's a "Ban-O-Bug" brand. I've seen these before on eBay, but none is currently listed there.

Does your piece look like the one at this link? http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/frankoma-rare-electric-ban-o-bug-in-brown-satin This page also states "Picture & Description shown on Page 124 of "Frankoma Treasures" by Phyllis and Tom Bess." I do not have this particular book, so I cannot confirm. It also says it's a "Ban-O-Bug" brand. I've seen these before on eBay, but none is currently listed there.

Not exactly. Mine is very smooth and a mocha brown in color. Also, it has a five pointed crown on the front, probably referring to the "Bug King" logo.

Not exactly. Mine is very smooth and a mocha brown in color. Also, it has a five pointed crown on the front, probably referring to the "Bug King" logo.

I wasn't around back when the bug killers were being made, but my guess is that it's a Frankoma private label. Frankoma regularly made its regular products with only slight variations for various companies. I believe they sold the Ban-o-bug vaporizer to Bug King by adding the Bug King logo to the mold.

These tend not to bring big prices on eBay unless they are in the original box with all the original enclosures.

I wasn't around back when the bug killers were being made, but my guess is that it's a Frankoma private label. Frankoma regularly made its regular products with only slight variations for various companies. I believe they sold the Ban-o-bug vaporizer to Bug King by adding the Bug King logo to the mold.

These tend not to bring big prices on eBay unless they are in the original box with all the original enclosures.

Then I may be in luck... This piece has the original box as well as the original paperwork including warranty card and instructions/directions on how to use. Also, includes an order form for ordering refills.

Then I may be in luck... This piece has the original box as well as the original paperwork including warranty card and instructions/directions on how to use. Also, includes an order form for ordering refills.

There's one on eBay right now that looks like yours. It seems that my guess was right - it's listed as a Frankoma Bug King vaporizer. There's a little more information about the product on the auction, as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Frankoma-Bug-King-Electric-Vaporizer-Very-Rare-/220610765948?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335d6d247c#ht_1187wt_1139

Or, if that URL doesn't work, go to ebay and search fir item #220610765948.