Sign in to follow this  
Kathy Houston

Frankhoma Mug Identification

I bought 6 pedestal mugs marked C2 Frankhoma on eBay, and the glaze is reddish brown and a cream/yellowish color. I'm not finding on your site a similar pattern and references to this color glaze or the mold #. One of the mugs arrived broken so I'm filing a claim with the shipping company, and I need a replacement value. Can you help me to identify this mug and its value?

Thanks,

Kathy

A picture would be helpful, but I'm guessing that you're looking at desert gold from the era when the clay was a dark brick red (approx 1970's). I don't have my book with me and I'm leaving for vacation, but you can look it up in Gary Schaum's Frankoma book (in many libraries). If I remember correctly, it's around $10 value. However, that's only a book estimate. The real insured value is what you paid for it.

Edit: I just checked, it lists for $3-5 in Schaum's book. That seems on the low side - we'd probably sell them for about $10-12 in the store, but the book value is $3-5. As I said, the REAL value for insurance purposes is what you paid for them.