Mirage

Frankoma Mug Help Requested

Hi, and thanks for any information you can provide -

I have this mug that I thought was Wagon Wheels pattern in the Prairie Green color. Someone just told me that they have the Wagon Wheel mugs, but they aren't shaped like this. Is this part of another pattern? The glaze is so thick on the bottom that I can't read the numbers, it appears to be a C and then another digit, maybe a 2 or 8.

Any information would be really helpful, thanks in advance!

frankoma1.jpg

Although the 8C cup resembles the Wagon Wheel pattern in a way, it was not part of the set. I have never actually seen this mug, but Gary Schaum's book "Collector's Guide to Frankoma Pottery" pictures it on page 163, and describes it as a "mini" piece. It was made from 1965 to 1966, and book value is listed at $7-8. Good photo.

Wow, great information, thank you. Although I'm surprised it would be considered "mini" as it looks like a full sized mug to me - it stands just under 4" tall. I forgot to include the size in my original post. But then, I guess it would be mini compared to large steins.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the information.

Wow, great information, thank you. Although I'm surprised it would be considered "mini" as it looks like a full sized mug to me - it stands just under 4" tall. I forgot to include the size in my original post. But then, I guess it would be mini compared to large steins.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the information.

I've seen the mug a number of times and it is often included with Wagon Wheel dishes. Even though Frankoma never made it part of the Wagon Wheel patter (as indicated by the design number), it was apparently common for retailers to sell this mug along with Wagon Wheel dishes, so a lot of people have it with their Wagon Wheel set.