jiramo

Id Of Frankoma Mark On Pitcher

Hello, I have a large Frankoma pitcher that holds 52 oz. of liquid and is 7" tall and 7" wide from tip to handle. What I am interested in knowing are what the markings on the bottom mean? I have not been able to find any others like them. Here is a picture of them:

5mwvgz.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Don't feel bad - I didn't know, either, so I checked with some of my sources. One of them (35 years experience working at Frankoma) also didn't recognize it. Fortunately the other one (50 years collecting Frankoma) had some info.

In addition to making its own products, Frankoma has always done a good bit of custom work. There are two types - complete custom projects (like the Keebler tree cookie jar or the Braums ice cream cone cookie jar) and semi-custom (where they started with a standard product and did minor customization. In most cases, the product would only have the Frankoma logo, but occasionally, the customer would want their logo stamped into the product, as well. That appears to be the case here - the stamped logo would represent the customer who purchased some number of custom pitchers. That is fairly unusual (usually, customers only asked for their logo to be stamped on the full custom pieces).

The bad news is that no one seems to recognize the logo itself. I have asked Donna and Joniece Frank to see if they recognize it and will respond if I find anything.

Thanks so much! I was possibly going to write to the Frank daughters as well but didn't know if they accepted requests for possible ID. I appreciate you taking the time to do so and anxiously await any further response...Thanks!

Donna Frank came through. Her response is:

"This one is a puzzler for most! It's a rather free-form initials logo for the American Milk Producers (Inc.?). Frankoma produced it for years and years, from the late 1950s to around the late 1970s. Of course we can't be more specific about the dates, as the production records were lost in the fire of 1983."

Wow! That is so interesting and great to have that puzzle solved! Thanks so much Joe and special thanks to Donna Frank for that information! Also thank you plm55 for the website for the American Milk Producers. I'm so glad I found this great site with such knowledgeable folks on Frankoma. I live about 15 minutes from Sapulpa and I am hoping that they are still giving tours at the Frank house as I would just LOVE to see it! I will write and find out. Thanks again all!