Sign in to follow this  
ggjtz

Untitled Frankoma

Were there any Frankoma made without markings?

I have some peices that I know were once marked, but thru time and use, the markings wore off. But I have 1 peice that looks like it was never marked. It is a plate that has the same shape as the Prarie Green 5F dinner plate, but no markings at all. In mint condition, no wearing of any kind. I don't know what set it is from, but it is yellow and tan. I have other peices that match it in color that have markings.

I don't know how to put pictures on the internet yet, or I would. If someone could give me some instuctions on putting pictures on the internet, I would put this and the plate signed by Grace and Joniece from my last post so that it may be easier for someone to help me.

Thanks for anyone that can help me.

Absolutely. Frankoma is well-known for having unsigned pieces.

I'm not sure why it happened, but a lot of the molds were made without the name or mold number. It's quite common and makes collecting Frankoma a challenge.

OTOH, it also leads to a lot of fake Frankoma on eBay. You have to be very careful when someone says something is unmarked Frankoma because quite a few 'Frankoma' eBay items are not Frankoma at all.