Joe Anonymous

Frankoma Animals Wanted

I collect Frankoma animals of all types. Preferably the ones that are no longer in production and/or Ada clay. Anything from mini swans and horses to turtles, ducks, swans, goose vases, owls, you name it.

If you have any Frankoma animals you wish to part with, please let me know how to get in touch with you, what you have, the condition, and the price. Thanks!

joe@frankoma.com

Hi, Joe. I have a few items in which you might be interested: #228 swan planter, 5 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches long. He has a chip and a few hairline cracks, displays well; #208A Duck planter which has a chip on the bill which measures around 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch (does not show from one of his sides; #392 Dog planter, 7 1/2 inches high and 8 inches long. He has a rough area on the hole in his back--otherwise I think he is great. It also says U.S.A. on the bottom as well and Frankoma. They are all green. I have a lot of Frankoma which a friend wants me to sell. If you are intrested in these, I'll ask her what she wants for them. lcbutler@cox.net

Sorry, but I'm not going to be interested in damaged items. If we were talking about very rare pieces, then I'd probably have to live with some damage if I could even find a piece. But for standard items like those, I'll wait for perfect items.

Thanks, anyway.

You're probably way ahead of me here, but have you seen this auction on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Mini-Frankoma-160-Miniature-Elephant-Ada-Mint_W0QQitemZ330352749340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea8eeb1c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If that link doesn't work, it's Item 330352749340. A real beauty -- if you don't already have it. It was listed on August 16 and ends on August 23.

There's also a #164 Miniature Donkey ending on the same day.

You're probably way ahead of me here, but have you seen this auction on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Mini-Frankoma-160-Miniature-Elephant-Ada-Mint_W0QQitemZ330352749340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea8eeb1c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If that link doesn't work, it's Item 330352749340. A real beauty -- if you don't already have it. It was listed on August 16 and ends on August 23.

There's also a #164 Miniature Donkey ending on the same day.

Yeah, the seller contacted me first with 3 items for sale, but he wanted more money than I thought they were worth, so I passed - and he listed them on eBay.

I guess I should point out that I refuse to overpay unless it's something I just have to have and it's not likely to come up again. I've seen both the elephant and the donkey on eBay for less than he was asking - and nicer colors.

Thanks, though.

You're picky. But I'm the same way. I'm love my Frankoma, and I just want the really nice pieces in the glazes I prefer -- without overpaying, of course. My collection contains lots of the miniature pieces -- the 500 series, and more of the smaller pieces in Ada.

You're picky. But I'm the same way. I'm love my Frankoma, and I just want the really nice pieces in the glazes I prefer -- without overpaying, of course. My collection contains lots of the miniature pieces -- the 500 series, and more of the smaller pieces in Ada.

If you're in the area, you might want to look at the Frankoma Show and Sale at the factory on Sept 26. Lots of collectors with very nice pieces will be there. I have a few miniatures for sale in the vintage Frankoma section in the store, too.