Ella

Frankoma Set?

I have inherited almost an entire set of frankoma pottery. I was wondering if anyone could tell me its possible worth. Its a yellowish terra cotta type finsh that was collected years ago ( dont know how many) I have everything from the vase to salt & ppr shakers, can anyone help?

I have inherited almost an entire set of frankoma pottery. I was wondering if anyone could tell me its possible worth. Its a yellowish terra cotta type finsh that was collected years ago ( dont know how many) I have everything from the vase to salt & ppr shakers, can anyone help?

If you could post a picture (front and back) of a few pieces, it would help. Or, go to eBay and search for Frankoma to try to find your pattern. Most dinnerware has mold numbers on the back of the dishes. If you can read the mold numbers, taht will help.

Once you have the pattern, you'll need to determine if it's Ada or Sapulpa clay (Ada is very light tan and Sapulpa is anywhere from a light pink to deep brick red. Also, Ada clay tends to be much finer grained). If it was collected after about 1954, it's Sapulpa clay.

A little more information is required in order to give you any idea of the age and value of your Frankoma dinnerware. You could post photos (use one of the free photo storage websites like Shutterfly or PhotoBucket and store your photos there; then you can post them to this forum as a link), or provide some of the mold numbers from the backs of the pieces. But good, clear photos would be the best way to let anyone identify what you have. Let me know if you have questions.