Sign in to follow this  
Connie

Last Minute Supper

When I have forgotten to plan supper and need a last minute supper that still looks and tastes good I always go with my quesadillas- leftover chicken, beef or sometimes vegetarian. Does anyone have other suggestions for me for those nights I look at the clock and realize I have under an hour to get supper ready?

I usually always have rice. So for something last minute I'd put in some leftover veggies/meat and rice and make some fried rice :D

Funny, but I usually end up making some type of Tex-Mex out of leftovers too, like your quesadillas. Don't you just love em? A quick meal that I use is to brown some hamburger meat with onions, (drain the fat), season with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, a little chili powder, and about a 1/4 cup water. While meat is browning, cut up a tomato into small chunks and put in a bowl, shred some lettuce and put in another bowl, shred cheese or use already shredded cheese for convenience, and pour some salsa in a bowl. Place some of your favorite tortilla chips on a plate, sprinkle with some of the meat mixture, add salsa to taste, sprinkle with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and top with cheese. It's quick, delicious, and makes a nice presentation. Serve with some extra chips and salsa, and guacamole if you have the time.

How does smokey spicy chicken thighs sounds? Both my kids and husband absolutely love this recipe. Its seems to please everyone! We used to have a electric smokers which was really convenient for because you could just doing lovely smoked flavours and use it in the house! However that one just broke and we just picked up the smoke hollow smoker . I was never really into smoked meats but I can really tell the different between this and the electric one